Polaris ATV recalls

/ Polaris ATV recalls #1  

Old_Hickory

Platinum Member
Polaris is recalling 14,000 ATV's sold under the names of Magnum,Trail Boss and ATP.
Damage to the fuel tank and grommet can cause a fuel leak.
Polaris has recieved more than 260 reports of fuel leaks and one fire.
The ATV's were sold from Feb 2003 through Oct 2003.

For information call Polaris at 1-800-765-2747.

The Consumer Product Safety Commision (CPSC) is working with the manufacturer on the equipment recall.

/ Polaris ATV recalls #2  
Sounds like the same problem on my 2000 model. I think I will call that number and see what the fix is. I have had a PITA gas tank leak for a long time now. Love the bike.....that has been the only problem and I use her hard and every day.

/ Polaris ATV recalls #3  
Hickory, Thanks for the heads up.

Hillslider,

I was talking to a guy at the Fort Wayne gun show last Saturday and he mentioned the "Hatfield - McCoy" trails in WVA and I thought he said the Carolina's also.

You have any advice or info about the trails?

Thanks,

Tom

/ Polaris ATV recalls #4  
Tom,

I am sort of new to West Virginia........been here 4 years and between work....the horses.....starting a family (an 18 month old daughter with our 2nd due on Feb 20th)......remodling our 60 year old farm house and so on and so and so on.... I have not had a chance to ride these trails. I have heard through friends that the trails are great. A lot of wilderness and there are trails for the new riders and for the expert riders. From what little I know I guess there are trail heads where you can buy a permit and park the truck and off you go. The trails go though small towns so you can eat and fuel up as you go. There are also a lot of rental places for those who do not own or want to haul a machine in. The trails go for miles and miles. In the past I have checked out some sites on the net and you can do the same. I am only an hour or so away from some of the trail heads and have been dreaming of the day I can get out there. So if you are ever in the area let me know. Maybe we can get a TBN ATV trail ride going! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Later,

Rob