Pole barn - closing in the ends

/ Pole barn - closing in the ends
Do you not have ANY codes to go by since your going to be charging people for the use of the building?

Also no reason to start a new thread for every step your doing, just keep adding to the original. Let’s people follow the entire build from start to finish.

When I started this, there were zero codes or rules to follow. This is in a rural setting. I did get a surprise call, a couple of weeks ago, from the State Fire Marshal. They've decided they will start doing inspections but after talking, he said my requirements will be minimal. He wants an architectural drawing (which I've already gotten) to show doors, exit signs and fire extinguishers. I dodged sprinklers by about 10 feet on the size. Once I get those items in place, I'll have him out for an inspection. As for the end boards on the purlins, that's one of the "to do" items. I'm doing a sizable chunk of the work myself but making progress. Keep in mind also that I live 180 miles away and can only work on weekends where we don't have events scheduled (we do wedding photography and DJ). There won't be much going on until November, when the schedule slows down. Thanks for the input.

/ Pole barn - closing in the ends #12  
Hook your tape at the beginning of wall and mark 15-1/4" or 23-1/4" that will be the beginning edge of your first stud. Add 16" or 24" there after. If you do this to a standard its going to make your life easier in the long run.

/ Pole barn - closing in the ends #13  
Don’t even have to really measure after the first as a good tape has an arrow indicator every 16 inches.