Pole barn steel ceiling question

/ Pole barn steel ceiling question #1  

NonTypicalCPA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940
After twelve years I've finally decided to insulate my pole barn that I store my tractor in. First step was to install corrugated steel ceiling panels, which is done. Before I move on to the actual insulation I want to figure out how to attach my electric hoist anchor, which use to be attached to a chain that was around a homemade header beam above the rafters (covered three rafters). I have two foot on center rafters and this hoist has been mainly used to hang deer. I can't remember how much weight it's rated for, but 500lbs would be the most that I can see it lifting. What can I use on the steel ceiling that will anchor into the above rafter/header? I've a visual learner of anything mechanical and a CPA by trade, so go easy on me. I could always drill a hole in the ceiling and run my chain like I used to, but I would like a cleaner look if possible. Same goes for hanging my kids bikes - I use to use the hooks that hang over the rafters, but now with the ceiling in place they don't drop low enough to give me the clearance needed to get the tires on. Any ideas?

/ Pole barn steel ceiling question
I should mention that the unit is attached to my vertical 4x6 about 2 feet below the ceiling, then the cable runs on an upward angle to the anchor point (pulley). This point is what I'm trying to create.