Post driver hydraulic port? L4060

/ Post driver hydraulic port? L4060 #1  

Wildfire

Tractor
Kubota L4060
Looking to buy a Shaver HD-10 to use with my L4060. I already have two remotes in back for top and tilt cylinders, would like to find an unused port to supply the valve/cylinder on the post driver. Anybody have experience with adding a quick coupler port that just supplies hydraulic fluid, not controlled by a remote valve?

Why you ask? I want to use the top and tilt cylinders to level the driver and dont want to lose functionality of the FEL either. Seems like there must be a port that is blocked off or plugged that I can tap into to get the flow needed for the post driver valve. The post driver cylinder will just dump back into the fill port on the back of the tractor.

Thanks in advance!

/ Post driver hydraulic port? L4060 #2  
Having run one for years I've found the manual crank on the driver is easy enough to adjust I don't think you'd need to use your top and tilt. I always use a level against the driver while standing there, I've never used a top and tilt but seeing the level from the seat might be hard and I don't know how soft or touchy your hydraulic circuits are but adjust it with a top and tilt might be more troublesome.

The biggest issue with the Shaver drivers is finding a way to plumb the return back into the tractors hydraulic sump. Sometimes its easy to find pieces to thread it all together, sometimes it isn't.

/ Post driver hydraulic port? L4060 #3  
You could T into the power beyond port on your existing remote valve body, assuming you have room to add a quick coupler or some way to easily attach the high pressure line from the pounder.

I have the same pounder and agree with @Birdhunter1 the return to tank is the hard part. You need a large unrestricted line so the pounder will descend with no restriction. I had to rig up a goofy fitting that goes into the hydraulic filler port which is located on the back of my tractor between the 3pt arms. It's not threaded, so I had to get a fitting that used an O-ring and then I zip tie it in place so it doesn't blow off when the pounder returns because the flow rate is really high. I hate crap like this but it works.

/ Post driver hydraulic port? L4060
You could T into the power beyond port on your existing remote valve body, assuming you have room to add a quick coupler or some way to easily attach the high pressure line from the pounder.

I have the same pounder and agree with @Birdhunter1 the return to tank is the hard part. You need a large unrestricted line so the pounder will descend with no restriction. I had to rig up a goofy fitting that goes into the hydraulic filler port which is located on the back of my tractor between the 3pt arms. It's not threaded, so I had to get a fitting that used an O-ring and then I zip tie it in place so it doesn't blow off when the pounder returns because the flow rate is really high. I hate crap like this but it works.

That's what I was thinking for the return line. Not very elegant for sure.

Agree that teeing in somewhere is the likely path forward. Just looking for someone whos already invented this wheel. Thanks!

/ Post driver hydraulic port? L4060 #5  
If your existing remotes are stack valves it might be just as easy to add a third valve to the stack. I made one of my remotes a detent actuator so I can use it to run the pounder or log splitter from the ground. Before I added the remotes I used to connect to my FEL bucket curl quick disconnect. It wasn't that hard to switch back and forth so I could use the FEL if I needed it, that would be your easiest solution.