Poulan 3700 cracked starter pulley

/ Poulan 3700 cracked starter pulley #11  
I've never seen that pulley yet. I pm'ed you with some info.

/ Poulan 3700 cracked starter pulley #12  
Here is what I got back from a knowledgeable used parts dealer.

Those 3700 pulleys are a crap design. Better off to switch to a 3400 pulley, and flywheel. I have new pulleys in stock, and used flywheels in stock. They are each $15.

/ Poulan 3700 cracked starter pulley
Here is what I got back from a knowledgeable used parts dealer.

Those 3700 pulleys are a crap design. Better off to switch to a 3400 pulley, and flywheel. I have new pulleys in stock, and used flywheels in stock. They are each $15.

xyz123,

I asked another guy about that and he was oncerned the timing might be different between the 3700 and the 3400.

Can your resource confirm this will work?

How hard is it to change the flywheel? I'm not all thumbs, but I'm not fixing stuff like this daily either.

Thank YOU for all this info!
David

/ Poulan 3700 cracked starter pulley #14  
I will update you as soon as I get answer from him. Being I haven't made this swap before I dont want to say. I'm betting a bolt on and go.

On the flywheel. Some come off easy, some can be a mother when stuck. I got plenty of redneck tricks to help remove one if needed.

I do own big brother to 3700 though a 4000 I run with 18" and 24" at times.

video Poulan 4000 stock - YouTube

/ Poulan 3700 cracked starter pulley #15  
xyz123,

I asked another guy about that and he was oncerned the timing might be different between the 3700 and the 3400.

Can your resource confirm this will work?

What I got back today for you.

Same ignition system on all 3400-3700-4000 series poulans.

I've done this swap a couple times. The flywheels are no harder to remove than any other flywheel.

/ Poulan 3700 cracked starter pulley
What I got back today for you.

Same ignition system on all 3400-3700-4000 series poulans.

I've done this swap a couple times. The flywheels are no harder to remove than any other flywheel.

I will check with the owner and get back with you!

THANK YOU foir the very valuable info!

David