Poulan Pro 26hp lawn tractor engine troubles-brand new

/ Poulan Pro 26hp lawn tractor engine troubles-brand new
Gentlemen, my problems have been solved. I removed the seat safety switch and closed it with a spring clamp. The tractor runs perfect now. I guess it is defective, too sensitive, and just a pain to start with. I know they're mandated to be on there, but I'll make sure I shut the blades off before getting off if I need to. Thank you all for the info. and advice. :eek:

/ Poulan Pro 26hp lawn tractor engine troubles-brand new #12  
See if it can be adjusted / replaced... might just be a bad unit..

soundguy

/ Poulan Pro 26hp lawn tractor engine troubles-brand new #13  
Also check your owners uncrating and startup manual. Usually when shipped they have styrofoam in the carb inlet to prevent critters from moving in. Did you receive it in a crate or was it store prepped? There are steps to take after uncrating. Checking all fluids, removal of foam or cardboard wedged into the carb linkages, air cleaner blocked w/ cardboard, etc. Usually the store will prep the unit before selling it.

/ Poulan Pro 26hp lawn tractor engine troubles-brand new #14  
erichamilton said:
Gentlemen, my problems have been solved. I removed the seat safety switch and closed it with a spring clamp. The tractor runs perfect now. I guess it is defective, too sensitive, and just a pain to start with. I know they're mandated to be on there, but I'll make sure I shut the blades off before getting off if I need to. Thank you all for the info. and advice. :eek:

Good deal on finding and fixing the problem. Simple things seem to be at the root of many complex problems. You should see if you can either adjust it so it works correctly or replace it with one that does work. But then again, they are your feet and it's your decision....

jb

/ Poulan Pro 26hp lawn tractor engine troubles-brand new
I'll try to get another one from Poulan. They have yet to respond to my email. Their web customer service is on par with their phone service. :(