power loss / overheating / pulled thermostat to replace, flushed anti-freeze - none came out from block... water pump?

/ power loss / overheating / pulled thermostat to replace, flushed anti-freeze - none came out from block... water pump?
There is no reason to assume the worst. I will change the thermostat, check the temperature and see if power issues persist. If still problems, then yes I will have no choice but to pull the tractor to the local tractor mechanic and hope the quote to repair is not too costly. Thank you.

/ power loss / overheating / pulled thermostat to replace, flushed anti-freeze - none came out from block... water pump?
I can't tell you exactly what is wrong and what to do but I can tell you WHAT NOT TO DO. Stop running it to see how bad it's going to overheat. That isn't specific to a BX2200,that applies to ANY AND ALL diesel engines. Overheating to point of stall more often than not causes catastrophic damage. At this point I would run water through engine and radiator to make certain it flows freely,install new t-stat,fill with water,start engine,watch heat guage and kill engine at first sign of overheat. If it overheats,your next question should be "how do I test for blown head gasket,cracked head and block"?
I am quite aware. It may have overheated and if so I missed that. I brought it back to my garage when power loss became drastic and repaired what I thought was causing the power loss and stall. When the fuel pump did not solve the issue completely, I brought it back in again and that was when I saw the gauge which I never trusted in the past (and there is a lot written, I noticed on that subject, when checking temperature related issues). Changing thermostat next and will check rad for bubbles, keeping tabs on temp with a temp gun. Whatever results, I bought and will install a new, proper temperature gauge that I can rely on. I don't need a bunch of lectures from people. Thank you.