Oil & Fuel Power steering & hyd fluids

/ Power steering & hyd fluids #1  

keljan11

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 265, Kubota B6200
Hi all
Have a late 70's MF 265. To my knowledge fluids haven't ever been changed. Want to change out the power steering and hydraulic fluids and filters. Have downloaded a service manual for this beast, but it doesn't state what grade the hydraulic oil or power steering fluid should be to replace with. Thought maybe someone here might be able to help.
Thanx in advance.

Last edited:
   / Power steering & hyd fluids #2  
It is likely that M-F specified Permatran hydraulic oil be used in your transmission. As for the hydraulic steering, I have used both ATF and universal tractor hydraulic oil available at Walmart or tractor/farm stores. The Permatran while good oil is costly and there are generic tractor oils that meet the M-F Permatran spec. Read the specs on the oil pail. It will provide compatibility details.

/ Power steering & hyd fluids
Just got the email about your reply. I ended up buying 2 pails of hydraulic/differential/transmission oil from our local fuel oil supplier, apparently approved for use with wet brakes (also picked up some oil to change the engine oil as well). I also topped up the power steering fluid with some universal hydraulic oil I had here in the shop.
Just waiting for a free moment to do all the changes required.
Thanx

/ Power steering & hyd fluids
What filter and oil did you select for the engine, if you don't mind sharing?

Sorry for late reply.
I bought a NAPA Gold filter #1806 (Canadian auto parts store), and Pacific 66's Guardol synthetic diesel oil SAE 10-30.
Also Pacific 66's Powertran hydraulic fluid to change out the hydraulic fluid with.