Power steering.

/ Power steering. #1  

Gary Kassel

Tractor
Ford jubilee 1953
I would like to install power steering on my 53 Jubilee do they make a kit that I can installon my tractor?

/ Power steering. #2  
I am sure that you can probably modify an existing setup to fit, if you are good at fabrication! I saved a Toro Groundmaster for years with the thoughts that I might use the power steering setup on a different project!
Good luck,
David from jax

/ Power steering. #3  
There are several ways to go about it here is one,
Electric Power steering - Yesterday's Tractors
Also Farmshow magazine has several articles about adding PS.
Now days it seems like the electric power steering kits are the way to go.
Used to be some inline kits that you cut the steering shaft and installed a hydrauic steering booster in line
they often utilized a Char-Lynn steering motor such as this one;
1701637543295.png

/ Power steering. #4  
I would like to install power steering on my 53 Jubilee do they make a kit that I can installon my tractor?

I have a hydraulic kit meant for a Fordson Major. I have an E27n and the pump mount has been a hurdle to installation that has kept me from doing anything with the kit.

The components were all made in Turkey , Not sure what might be available for your rig.

Here is a link to the first return on a search string "tractor power steering kits"

The kit I have even came painted Ford blue.

A concern with the "electric boosters" is the increased loading through the steering gear box on tractors so fitted.

Last edited:
   / Power steering. #5  
The best way IMHO is to either find an old machine with power steering and swap it over or check out Jackson Power Steering. I personally would avoid the electric.

/ Power steering. #6  
The best way IMHO is to either find an old machine with power steering and swap it over or check out Jackson Power Steering. I personally would avoid the electric.
look at the boat power steering that is electric. it should be able to be modified, like for bass boats!