Power Trac repair tent

/ Power Trac repair tent #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
OK, so I am an idiot and I didn't take any pictures of this, but my mechanic buddy showed me how to tent in my PT for field work (meaning you die out in the woods and it is raining, you don't have to work in the rain. Now this works with my 1850, not sure about anyone elses machine

You need

A piece of plywood (4X8 although mine was 2X8 and worked fine) 20x Tarp, 3 2X4s 8ft and a couple of tiedown straps.

Open the lid on your engine, place the plywood across from the top of the engine lid to the top of your rops. Lay a 2X4 on each end of the plywood and use a motorscyle strap to secure to the tractor. The third 2x4 lays in the middle. Get your tarp out and throw it over (easier said than done BTW). But it works. I had to do this engine repair and there was no way for me to get it in the shop and we have been getting a lot of rain...

If none of this makes sense, it will only take me a few to recreate and post sme pix.

/ Power Trac repair tent #2  
A local surplus shop has a bunch of U-Haul self ship containers,,
basically, a molded plastic top, with U-Haul orange tarps attached,,
I think it is supposed to have a metal frame to make it into a box.

He is using one for a shed for his rather large Bobcat skid steer.
it is just setting on the roof of the skid steer.

I thought about getting one for a mini paint booth,,
I might go back and get one,,now that I think about it more,,,

/ Power Trac repair tent #3  
Are you running the 2 x wood in the 8' direction of the plywood (ie parallel to the plywood)?

Ken

/ Power Trac repair tent #4  
When I used to have my big IH tractor loader, I'd do something very similar for it as I had to leave it on my remote property over the winters. And if I had to do field repairs in the rain, a big sheet of plywood with one end on the front of the cab and the other end supported by some 2x4's, then a tarp makes a bad day a bit better! :thumbsup:

/ Power Trac repair tent #5  
Heat is important to me. I finally managed to find a couple of VAL 6 heaters. Awesome radiant, Diesel or Kerosene Fired.

DSC04414.JPG

I was using it this last weekend to melt the snow and ice out of my snow blower.

Later my friend pointed out that the backs of my nylon snow pants were all melted!

Nothing like working in the great outdoors.

/ Power Trac repair tent
So here is a photo roughly of what I did with the lumber before I strapped it down and put a tarp over it.

Attachments

• IMG_3457.jpg
    IMG_3457.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3460.jpg
    IMG_3460.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3461.jpg
    IMG_3461.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 156
   / Power Trac repair tent #9  
I call this the tip of the month. I always wondered what I would do if the PT broke down in my back 8 acres. Thanks !