Power Trac versus Ventrac Slope Mowers

/ Power Trac versus Ventrac Slope Mowers #11  
David,

Since the 3000 is not available with dual wheels I would have serious doubts about using it on slopes of 30-40 degrees. You MIGHT be able to go straight up and down, but not turn on the slopes or drive across the face of sideslopes. You can certainly question your Ventrac dealer on this, but I think it highly unlikely that a 3000 would work.

Have you actually measured your slopes with a carpenters protractor level?

JackIL

/ Power Trac versus Ventrac Slope Mowers #12  
The 3000 is a great mowing tractor and I really love it, but I have to agree with JackIL that it would fall short of your needs.

With your slopes, the 4200 with the 8 wheel configuration would be the right choice. The 4200 is very capable and will work with dozens of implements, mows extremely well, and while it does not offer the quick attach ease that the Power Trac offers, it does offer an amazing tractor that is safe on slopes.

/ Power Trac versus Ventrac Slope Mowers #13  
You could get the 1430 or 1845 and if it doesn't climb it well enough, then drop the mower, pick up the bucket or backhoe and pare down those slopes until the grade is just right. Drop the bucket, grab the power rake, run that awhile, plant some grass then mowing would be no problem. Oh, Maybe, I got carried away in my own dream machine day dream.

Isn't it fun just thinking about the possibilities?
Tim