Pressure Washer Pump Replacement

/ Pressure Washer Pump Replacement #1  

chim

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, Ford 1210
Pump is a Simpson 3000 PSI with Honda vertical shaft engine. The engine has always run beautifully, but the pump is kaput. I'm looking for some guidance on a replacement pump. Anything in particular I should look for? Not asking for a specific replacement, but rather features that would be best to have. I'm assuming a brass body pump? Some are advertised with a brass body and it appears some have a brass-colored die cast body to imitate brass. Pressure or temperature relief? Etc........... Thanks

/ Pressure Washer Pump Replacement #2  
Look up Water Cannon, call them they can help you, been buying parts from them many years.

/ Pressure Washer Pump Replacement #3  
Thanks for the Water Cannon link. They have some great prices on horizontal pumps. Not sure about the vertical pumps - those are certainly pricey. I'm assuming that vertical pumps are better than horizontal pumps?

/ Pressure Washer Pump Replacement #4  
Pump is a Simpson 3000 PSI with Honda vertical shaft engine. The engine has always run beautifully, but the pump is kaput. I'm looking for some guidance on a replacement pump. Anything in particular I should look for? Not asking for a specific replacement, but rather features that would be best to have. I'm assuming a brass body pump? Some are advertised with a brass body and it appears some have a brass-colored die cast body to imitate brass. Pressure or temperature relief? Etc........... Thanks

This pamphlet may be helpful
http://www.catpumps.com/products/pdfs/993320E_CAT_Pump_Catalog_LoR.pdf

/ Pressure Washer Pump Replacement #5  
I thought my pump was shot but found that the spring loaded pressure let off was stuck open. I can’t remember the names but it took me less than 5 minutes to fix with YouTube help. Just a thought.

Good luck

/ Pressure Washer Pump Replacement
Thanks for the replies

/ Pressure Washer Pump Replacement #7  

Northern Tool is where I got mine. Read up on a few specs, made some measurements, bolted right up, worked five, priced right. I keep RV antifreeze in mine in the winter now.