Price Check Price changes when season changes??

/ Price changes when season changes?? #1  

rufus

I want to say thanks to everyone for all of your helpful insight and willingness to share your tractor experiences and opinions in such positive and constructive ways. TBN is a fabulous educational resource for an inexperienced tractor user such as myself. After months (years actually) of deliberation and some agonizing as of late, I'm very close to buying a tractor. I'm still having some difficult issues concerning size, transmission types, and even manufacturer (all comes down to price, and quality of service, as I know what I'd like but not sure if I could get away with less and save money). But another question has occurred to me: being that it is almost Nov. now, do prices on tractors fluctuate at all according to season ?? (i.e. more expensive in the spring? prices drop in winter?) Or is this just wishful thinking?? Perhaps it has more to do with inventory at the particular dealer but you can't blame I guy for hoping!

/ Price changes when season changes?? #2  
I think you will see regional changes. And prices may flucuate depending on growing season. I've noticed sometimes that smaller equipment.. like say.. lawn equipment usually gets an incentive to move as soon as 'winter' comes up.

New models coming out sometimes tend to de-value older models of the same line.. I.e. 2004's hitting may provide incentives for the remaining 2003's on the lot.. and especially for the 'last 2002' sitting there.. etc.

Dealer returns can be a good deal as well.

Soundguy

/ Price changes when season changes?? #3  
A couple of tractors i'm considering are typically sold to businesses. They are in short supply right now and I'm wondering if there is a year end run on them because of tax incentives. If so, maybe after January 1 would be better. ?

/ Price changes when season changes?? #4  
Hi...

I think it depends mostly on the individual dealer's position at any point in time...

There are many variables that affect price... and can vary from dealer to dealer...

I'd say talk to a dealer or 2 and see what they say for the tractor you want...

Dave...

/ Price changes when season changes?? #5  
We'll definitely see what's in store when Nov. 1 hits. Almost all the financing deals are scheduled to end on Oct. 31 and if the big three extend their deals, then you can probably expect some other incentives as we get closer to the end of the year and they're trying to unload 2003 models. Problem is that most of the ones we want to buy are going to be the first to go, and not much will be left come December.

/ Price changes when season changes?? #6  
Here is the inside scoop. The majority of dealers own very little on their lot. Most of the equipment is floored by the vendors. Prices drop when the dealers flooring expires and he has to start paying interest on the tractor. Typical flooring is 6 and 9 months. Dealers order in the winter and summer. Find a tractor that has been sitting for 6 months or more and you will get the best price you will ever get from that particular dealer.