Price Check - X575

/ Price Check - X575 #1  

tkenney65

I have an opportunity to pick up a used X575 in my region at what I think is a good price:

X575 w/4WD (Gas engine)
90 hours
46" John Deere snow thrower
54" John Deere MMM deck
Wheel weights
54" John Deere hydraulic front blade
John Deere soft cab w/ glass windshield, wiper, and strobe

Price $8,500

I will be using the machine primarily for mowing (1 acre) and snow removal with a bit of lightl landscaping thrown in. I am also considering the 2305, but am unsure about whether it is too much machine for my needs. I had already ruled out the X Series for a "new" dealer purchase because the price doesn't make sense compared to the 2305 when you add all the attachments. Having said that, this looks like a pretty good deal at significantly less $$$ than what I would spend on the 2305. I could even add the 45 Loader and still be $3K below the 2305 with all the other attachaments (snow thrower, cab) included.

Any input is appreciated...

/ Price Check - X575 #2  
Sounds like a pretty nice package, but there is something to be said for having a little more.
I've had a 425 for more than a dozen years, and though it is a terrific machine, I've never gone ahead and put on those extra attachments because I really needed the capabilities of a little bit bigger machine (diesel, torque,hydraulic capability).
Look at the 2305, if you can reason it into your situation, you'll probably find that it was worth it. Either way I'd say you'll get a good deal. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Price Check - X575 #3  
That is a good machine and you will be pleased with the performance of the attachments that come with it. I had that snow thrower for 13 years and I don't remember it ever clogging up. If a loader is in the future for you then I would recommend going with the 2305 because it can do so much more.

/ Price Check - X575 #5  
Great price for all the goodies. Would wonder why so cheap.

/ Price Check - X575
Any recommendations on how to protect myself on a private sale like this? Sounds almost too good to be true. Seller says the warranty runs out in about 30 days. Will that be transferrable to me? Is there an extended warranty option for this machine? Ready to pull the trigger, just would feel better if it came from a Deere dealer instead of a private sale.

/ Price Check - X575 #7  
Most private sales are generally considered 'buyer beware', unless mis-representation or negligence is involved. In some states, like mine, ( NJ-no jokes,living here is enough of a laugh) the buyer has a responsibility to represent the item fairly, but it is still really buyer beware.
Most original factory warranties do transfer, and extended warranties can be had for a price, but are sometimes a hassle when not from the manufacturer. Talk to a dealer you feel comfortable with about the warranty situation.
If you think it is stolen, ask the PD to run the serial number and get a notarized bill of sale from the seller.
Give her a good going over, ask a knowledgeable/objective friend to look at it with you. If it doesn't feel right, trust your gut and walk away.
All that said, there are good deals and decent people out there, hopefully you've found both...it happens all the time! Good Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Price Check - X575 #8  
You can take the serial number to the dealer and he can (if he wants) run a computer check and see what if any warranty work has been done, and track some of the history of the machine. Wouldn't know why that wouldn't help. Also can find out the warranty information at the same time.

/ Price Check - X575 #9  
For that price you could run it for a year and if you don't like it I bet you could recoup your entire investment- (easily!!) I would go for it if the machine looks tight.