Pricing/Info on new (to me) tractor

/ Pricing/Info on new (to me) tractor #1  

woolyAcres

Platinum Member
Tractor
Antonio Carraro TTR 4400
Anybody know anything about the Mitsubishi D1850FD? Haven't seen it in person yet, but owner seems reasonable. He wants $5K and said it will need rear tires right away but otherwise is in good shape. He's had it 10 years and hasn't had any issues with it. Selling because it lacks power steering and he's got a bad shoulder.

It's hard to find any info on this tractor. It must be a grey market machine, which doesn't bother me too much, but I am concerned about getting parts. Does anyone have any thoughts on this machine?

I've gotten some great input in the Yanmar forum about my quest for a 20-305HP Yanmar- which hasn't yielded anything yet. This turned up locally and it seems worth considering (especially since it's in my price range).

Thanks in advance for any comments.

/ Pricing/Info on new (to me) tractor #2  
Google "Mitsubishi D1850FD tractor" for a bunch of info and photos.

$5K is way too much for a little no-name rice tractor with bad rear rubber.

Good luck

/ Pricing/Info on new (to me) tractor
@flusher-

Thanks for your response and opinion. When this machine first came to my attention I googled around and found a few things- like the links and photos you mentioned. Most of them don't go far- youtube video of someone in Hungary driving the machine around, and a few questions about the hydraulics here and on other forums. But nothing meaty. Maybe that says something right there.

A couple months ago I would have said exactly the same thing: "$5K is way too much" but after shopping I haven't found much else if anything that would be 4WD, FEL, 20HP+ for less than $8k. Is now just a bad time to be tractor shopping? I've had to be more liberal in what I'm willing to consider. I'll need a decent tractor for the rest of the time I live where I do- I just built this place myself and have no intentions of leaving in the next 30 years. Since I can't afford the tractor I really want, I figure I'd get something (cause I need it) and then hopefully sell it a year or two from now and upgrade. With an older, "no-name" brand tractor it could be hard to get my money back when I go to upgrade. But it's all that's available right now.

There are a few Yanmars around 15-18HP 4WD without FEL for $4 or $5k. I'm not sure they're great deals either.