Prince Control Valves

/ Prince Control Valves #1  

Farwell

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2010
I am thinking about replacing my FEL two spool control valve and would like to know if the Prince Control Valves are quality valves or if they should be avoided. Any input will be appreciated.
Farwell

/ Prince Control Valves #2  
Prince has been around for 50 or so years. They are located in the corner of South Dakota/Nebraska/Iowa. They make all their own stuff in the USA. Quality is top notch. Pricing is slightly more than imports. I use Prince valves and cylinders, so do many others here on TBN.

You can read all about Prince at the Prince website.

/ Prince Control Valves #3  
I put a Prince autocycle valve on my woodsplitter. As a greenhorn at most things hydraulic, one of the things I appreciated was the amount of material they made available on their website.

/ Prince Control Valves
Thanks guys.
My existing control valve is Gresen it is for my John Deere 36A FEL on my 1965 JD 2010. I have been trying to find a rebuild kit but have not had any luck. It is a Gresen 2712 and I have not been able to find any reference to it on the Gresen site or in a intense search on the Internet. I have not rebuilt a control valve before but am assuming that it involves o-rings and some honing. Also no luck finding information in this area on the Internet. Of course dummy me, I could call the JD dealer, duh! Always my last thought because of so many discontinued parts.
Farwell