Pro-Track and Load-Max

/ Pro-Track and Load-Max #1  

SouthernX

Silver Member
[ I posted this in Trailer and Transportation also ]

Does anyone have a an opinion on Pro-Track versus Load-Max trailers?

Load-Max: Load Trail - Built for the Long Haul
Pro-Track: Pintle Hitch and Gooseneck Trailers for Heavy Equipment Hauling

I have a dealer near me that can sell me a Load-Max 20'+5' dove tail, 2 7,000lb non-tandem axles, with pop-up center and two fold-up ramps for $5900. I've looked at the trailer and it does seem to be a good trailer. There is another dealer about 2.5 hours away that has a Pro-Track 20'+5' dove tail, 2 10K TANDEM axles, with pop-up center and two fold-up ramps for $6800. It would seem that for $900 more the Pro-Track TANDEM would be a much better value. However, I haven't been to the dealer and seen the trailer. Does anyone have a Pro-Track?

This is the first trailer like this that I have bought so I have a couple of questions for you all:

1) How important isn't to buy from a local dealer on a trailer? I would not think it that important. I can't imagine a whole lot to go wrong on a trailer and it doesn't need scheduled service like a tractor would.

2) What features should I make sure I get on a trailer and which ones are merely fluff and not of much value. For instance Pro-Track has an option for a torque tube (for flex control). To be honest I don't how important this is. Flex control is desirable but is it worth an extra $350 dollars?

/ Pro-Track and Load-Max #2  
I'm sure either trailer will be a good investment and work well for you, but I only have experience with Load Trail. I have owned 2 Load Trail trailers over the last 5 years... a 34' 21,000# tri-axle and now a 25' 14,000# , both gooseneck. I bought the second one because I was so impressed with the first, especially the gooseneck and frame with 12" I-beam and all of the gussetting. I also own a 20' Wilro gooseneck, and there is no comparison in strength between the two. I have been very pleased with the price and performance of my Load Trails, so I hope that helps. Zero complaints.