Problem with Bobcat 864G

/ Problem with Bobcat 864G #1  

Stickley

Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2000 Bobcat 864G track skid-steer two days ago. Yesterday I was using it to move some dirt around and everything worked fine. On my way back to the barn I made a sharp turn and it just stopped. The engine stayed running, the bucket and hydraulics work but the machine will not move! You can start it up but when you push the handles to go forward or backward or move the machine it lurches but doesnt move. My guess would be the parking brake or safety bar wiring or linkage is malfunctioning. Any guesses on what it could be? Or anyone had this problem before? Thanks for any input!

/ Problem with Bobcat 864G #2  
It sounds like the parking brake is on from what you describe. I had a 1998 bobcat 873 that once had the parking brake start working opposite of how it was suppose to function. In either the off or on parking brake position it would not move. Shut the machine off, then move the parking brake and restart. If it doesn't move, shut it off again and move in the other postion. It worked for me and seemed to reset the parking brake.