Project MF 135

/ Project MF 135 #1  

Steven1966

Tractor
MF 135
I recently bought a MF135 with a Perkins diesel. It is in perfect condition (operationally) but has been in the weather for 30 years. Initially I was just going to paint the sheet metal and rims/wheels. The more I remove the more I want to dress up. I have the correct manuals but I have hit a snag. I am trying to remove the draft/lift quadrant but can't figure out how to remove the levers. There is no set screw that I can find. Can anyone help? Lift lever.JPG2.JPG

/ Project MF 135 #2  
Haven't looked at my 135 to compare but my manual shows what may be a roll pin though the base of the response lever and shaft.

/ Project MF 135 #3  
G'day steven1966.
To remove the quadrant,remove the lift cover then remove the countersunk head allen setscrew that locks the quadrant in place and remove the complete assembly.
Happy Days.
Hutch.

/ Project MF 135 #4  
Personal choice of course but I don't know that I would remove the lift cover if only to clean up the quadrant and refinish it. Might want to see if you're happy after doing all you can without removing the cover first.

Like I said though, a personal choice and some of us (read me) are just that curious, aren't afraid to do the work or concerned we may discover something that will require our attention (read money) and will let curiosity get the best of us. :laughing: