Propane tank fire pit

/ Propane tank fire pit #21  
I built a fire pit with landscaping blocks 20 some years ago. It has a dirt bottom but the blocks are stacked up 6 high and about 4' diameter with a lower wall on one side for viewing.

They all cracked but they have held together just fine. In fact, I recently backed into it while mowing and pushed part of it in about 4" and it is still standing solid.
time won't make them crack, I mean Do you use it a lot ?... also would be interested to see how big or little of fires you do.

''While concrete blocks are resistant to fire, the materials are not entirely unaffected by high heat. Temperatures up to 420 degrees Celsius can cause the concrete to lose strength and break. At 600 degrees Celsius and above, concrete no longer possesses its full structural capacity.''

''Changes in the temperature of concrete can cause cracking. As the concrete gets hotter, it expands; as concrete gets cooler, it contracts. This is similar for many other materials you have probably learned about. If the concrete wants to expand or contract but can't, it will most likely crack''

/ Propane tank fire pit #22  
time won't make them crack, I mean Do you use it a lot ?... also would be interested to see how big or little of fires you do.
Before I bought my wood chipper I had a fire just about every time a strong wind blew...lots of trees means lots of storm damage. Once or twice a month during warm weather.

I'd pick a calm, damp day, get a good fire going and then load the pit to the top stacking the wood as close as possible. Flames shooting up well above the bit. I always had a 3/4" garden hose ready to go.

/ Propane tank fire pit #23  
I used an 18" wide roll of sheet metal I had to go around the cylinder and line it up with itself to mark a line around it that is square, then a rolled piece of 1/4" aluminum I had as a guide. That is it on the ring I cut off, using a plasma.

A619373C-6023-4110-A585-5F0C65F205B4.jpeg

I used it because my roller will only go 4" wide and the steam dome was close to what I needed and I already had it.

6AECE37F-7BE6-4858-A2B2-3BA0A0E50F02.jpeg
5CBDE70C-4807-44BA-B028-08502DD3E90C.jpeg
21E44AE9-5811-42C8-BF4C-899EFCB18D51.jpeg

There was still enough of the dome left, I made an above ground "pit" myself.

21D25E73-0592-4316-A2EA-B339ED2277BD.jpeg