PT 1430 Hydraulic Couplers

/ PT 1430 Hydraulic Couplers #1  

joshlee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1430 Year made 2016
I was wondering if someone could confirm which coupler is the inlet for the PTO. When sitting on the operators seat, the coupler to the left (which is female) is the inlet for the PTO, right?

Thanks for reading,

Josh

/ PT 1430 Hydraulic Couplers #2  
Uhm... Not clear on your question.

Oil flows from the right side of the tank to the pump. From the pump to the PTO activator (on my machine under the left side fuel tank). Then it either flows back to the tank on the left side our out to the implement. The implement return goes back to the left side of the tank. (And left and right is an assumption that you are sitting facing forward on the machine)...

Last edited:
   / PT 1430 Hydraulic Couplers
When I say inlet on the PTO, I mean oil flowing into the attachment from the coupler on the left side of the FEL. Then on mine to the far left is a 1/4" coupler for a case drain/bypass which discharges directly into the tank. The reason I'm asking is because I have a generator all hooked up with hydraulic hoses for the PT to plug into, and I just wanted to make sure I was right on the inlet/ outlet couplers. From you said, it sounds like your 1850 has the same set up as mine.
Uhm... Not clear on your question.

Oil flows from the right side of the tank to the pump. From the pump to the PTO activator (on my machine under the left side fuel tank). Then it either flows back to the tank on the left side our out to the implement. The implement return goes back to the left side of the tank. (And left in right is in assumption that you are sitting facing forward on the machine)...

/ PT 1430 Hydraulic Couplers #4  
Pressure to Implement Right Side of lift arms, Return and Drain on Left.

OK, and NO you do not have a generator that is hydraulically driven (Unless you post pictures of course).

Darn, if thats the case I'll have to get different hoses made. This is the generator attachment. I'll get some pictures posted on here after its finished. View attachment HYDRO 12KEP-11.pdf
Pressure to Implement Right Side of lift arms, Return and Drain on Left.

OK, and NO you do not have a generator that is hydraulically driven (Unless you post pictures of course).

/ PT 1430 Hydraulic Couplers #6  
Now i gotta go look. You are making me double check. Why do you need different hoses made?

/ PT 1430 Hydraulic Couplers #7  
Here is the quick test for you.

Start your tractor, grab the hose on the arm (Either one) and flip the pto switch. It will flex when it gets pressure with no release. You have to turn off the engine, turn the key on, fllip the switch to relieve the pressure, and then do it again to test the other line (now this may not work for your system) but you can see the hose flinch when the pressure is applied with no outlet.

I'll keep that technique in mind and will try it out if I cannot trace the hose back through the tunnel. If I could still walk, I would just go out where the tractor is and check it, but I have all kinds of issues with being in this chair that doesn't allow me to do it right now. The couplers for the PTO which on mine are Safeway S561-4 and S565-4 ,with the case drain coupler being Safeway S41-2, I ordered from a company out of Montana called Northern Hydraulics. Those three couplers cost $46.00 with shipping. I'm not sure what Power Trac would have charged?
Here is the quick test for you.

Start your tractor, grab the hose on the arm (Either one) and flip the pto switch. It will flex when it gets pressure with no release. You have to turn off the engine, turn the key on, fllip the switch to relieve the pressure, and then do it again to test the other line (now this may not work for your system) but you can see the hose flinch when the pressure is applied with no outlet.