PT-1850 stability vs tracked skid steer

/ PT-1850 stability vs tracked skid steer #1  

Bronze Member
Tractor
Still searching
Is the PT-1850 with dual tires more stable on undulating terrain than a compact track loader?

/ PT-1850 stability vs tracked skid steer #2  
Yes, but different tools for different jobs.

/ PT-1850 stability vs tracked skid steer #3  
ASV, and Deere probably have the best slope performance of the skidsteers, but my recollection is that they top out at a 3:1, or 18 degrees for recommended use. While you might get away with steeper, they have two issues; one tipping, and two oil starvation on the engines. Slopes are not the strength of skidsteers. It is a great way to burn up an engine in my opinion.

The 1850 is a 45 degree rated machine. Completely different class in my opinion.

Different machines for different purposes.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT-1850 stability vs tracked skid steer #4  
I switched from an ASV RT60 tracked machine to a PT1460 and have no regrets. 1850 with duals should be even more stable. I don't spend much time on real steep stuff, but most of my time is spent on stuff that was pretty spooky on a standard tractor. Undulating terrain is where the PTs shine, articulation and oscillation are confidence inspiring, it's nice to have 4 wheels on the ground. My tracked machine was always rocking over the undulations.Just my .02.

/ PT-1850 stability vs tracked skid steer #5  
I looked into renting a CTL to cut a slope. One of the rental companies warned me that if I turned too tightly going uphill, the track could come off and they had a charge to come out and put it back on.