PT1850 Burst Hose Replacement

/ PT1850 Burst Hose Replacement #12  
I'd think if you're taking a 90 off of the hose and straightening it and putting a 90 onto the motor, you're not changing anything friction-wise in the fluid path and probably could not notice or even measure any significant difference, correct?

/ PT1850 Burst Hose Replacement #13  
   / PT1850 Burst Hose Replacement #14  
Wait. I will take a picture but it is a sweep. I just said 90. We have huge hydraulic shops around here so parts like a 90 seeep are easy. Will take pictures tomorrow.

/ PT1850 Burst Hose Replacement
Any additional thoughts on wrapping the suspect hose completely in spiral wrap vs. using the spiral wrap just at the rub spots? I think this particular hose actually moves forward and backward a bit when the machine articulates. In addition to the bottom-of-the-pan rub zone, there is also a few inches of rub zone where the hose exits the mid-section tunnel and goes under the left side foot board.

I noticed the spiral wrap is actually more slippery than the hose itself. Slippery vs. larger diameter.

/ PT1850 Burst Hose Replacement #16  
I have sections of 1/8" cloth reinforced rubber under some of those wear areas, and hard, slippery plastic on many of the vertical edges (car door anti-ding trim). Plus wrap.

Spiral wrap is great, but for hoses that move across a hard edge, the edge tends to get caught between the spirals, so I found that I needed additional protection. I am sure the right thing is to weld on some curves, but I didn't go there.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT1850 Burst Hose Replacement
What sort of anti-ding trim did you use?

/ PT1850 Burst Hose Replacement #18  
I looked around for plastic door edge ("U") channel that was the same interior width as the plate edges on the PT. I just pushed it on, and it stayed in place everywhere except for either side of the tunnel in the front half. Those needed adhesive, because they seemed to get worked up and off. I used some spray on 3M contact adhesive for those.

If you have trouble finding it, PM me, and I will dig through my old emails to see if I can find where I got it.

All the best,

Peter