PT1850 Tilt Seat Mercury Switch Adjustment

/ PT1850 Tilt Seat Mercury Switch Adjustment #1  

BWSwamper

Bronze Member
Tractor
PowerTrac
The tilt base for the seat on my PT1850 cracked off at the upper cylinder mount. After the repair, the seat seems to work fine, but it tilts slightly when sitting on level ground (as verified by the clinometer).

There isn't any adjustment on the tilt seat base itself, so I'm thinking the adjustment must be made with the mercury switches on the back of the seat. Does anyone have any information on how that should be done?

/ PT1850 Tilt Seat Mercury Switch Adjustment #2  
Mine mercury bulbs are mounted on a pinch bolt that you can turn. I'm not near it or I'd send a pic...

They'll be oriented in something like a 'V' but they're more tinker than science.

Put some one in the seat, adjust (carefully), have them wiggle if the seat doesn't respond.

Mine are not symmetrical when adjusted properly for my 1850.

/ PT1850 Tilt Seat Mercury Switch Adjustment #4  
I would like to make mine fully electronic. If any of you have an idea on how to do it let me know. My seat always feel slow to react.

/ PT1850 Tilt Seat Mercury Switch Adjustment #5  
I do not know if you have any flow restrictors in that system or not. If so, you could make them less restrictive. Too responsive would be a problem because of the bouncing around the tractor does. The system definitely needs some dampening in order to work properly.

Ken

/ PT1850 Tilt Seat Mercury Switch Adjustment #6  
I would like to make mine fully electronic. If any of you have an idea on how to do it let me know. My seat always feel slow to react.
Meybe wire up a drone flight controller to some servos. Use the servos to open and close the valves. Keep the cycling rate at around 15K and it will feel smooth as buttah. Or everything will be a bit blurry to you.

/ PT1850 Tilt Seat Mercury Switch Adjustment #7  
I upgraded my seat to a suspension seat and it works well together. The little motion as the seat absorbs bumps seems to improve the response of the tilt switch. I've also learned to kind of reflexively twitch the steering wheel a bit that motion wiggles the machine and me and the tilt catches up.

/ PT1850 Tilt Seat Mercury Switch Adjustment #9