PT422 is great!

/ PT422 is great!
Great points. Thanks. But I have an aluminum body Ford.... So it's tough 😝

/ PT422 is great! #12  
I measured and if the machine was as far in as possible the two front wheels would be right in the middle of the tailgate. I'm just not sure how strong those cables are that support the tailgate. I believe they make beefed up versions of them as well. So far our two trailers have done the job but I could easily see a need for hauling with the pickup bed. Time will tell.

My Chevy had steel straps, not cables, for the tailgate. Just a stud on each side holding up my 1500# machine with me on it... no way! :laughing:

/ PT422 is great! #13  
It's funny that you mention size and ease of transport. Those are two of the main reasons why we bought the 422. We were comparing it to the Vermeer mini skids and figured the 422 would be smaller, lighter, easier to transport, and easier on turf. So far that has all been true. I'm sure the mini skids can lift more weight but that's about the only plus that I see. Mini skids are about twice the cost as the 422. The bigger articulating loaders like you have seem to be great and seem to be the way our industry is headed but getting one of those would have meant getting a new trailer for it and we were concerned about getting into tight yards with it. For our company, light weight and small foot print is key. We just load our 422 on the same trailer that we use to pull our Vermeer 352 stump grinder or we put it in our 10ft dump trailer. We have lots of options with that machine. For a two man company, having options is also key.

I am sure the Powertrac will work well for you. It will make alot of your work easier which is what it is all about. I needed a machine that would fit sideways on our trailer and truck with excellent lifting capacity which is why we opted for the Giant. It is similar to the 1430 only lifts more, higher, much higher and is shorter. I have also taken it along with our Giant on larger jobs to increase productivity. And still use it around the ole homestead just about daily.
Visit this forum frequently as these guys always trade info back and forth. You will learn alot about your machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / PT422 is great! #15  
Absolutely no downside at all except for cost which is almost 2.5x of a new 1430. This machine excels in every category in my opinion. Speed of 9.5 mph, almost 10 ft lifting height, 2,000lb lift capacity, and mini skid attachment plate, and kubota diesel. Ours has about 125 hours on it and goes to work with us every day. Comes with 3 year warranty which I will doubt I will never need.