PTO and 3 PT

/ PTO and 3 PT #1  

Shatskii

Tractor
2005 KUBOTA L5030 4X4 TRACTOR
Im looking at a tractor 2005 KUBOTA L5030 4X4 TRACTOR that runs drives only problem is when last owner took off the loader some how they managed to disconnect the 3 point and PTO. PTO Spins free. Any advice on what to fix first and what it will take? Tractor to be used with a backhoe for digging mostly.
1655825108391.png

/ PTO and 3 PT #2  
What exactly do you want to know? I will say if it spins freely while not engaged, the pto brake is shot. I presume you will mount a frame mount BH. That rear end won't take a 3 point mount BH, you'll crack the back housing and then it will be worthless. Cost to replace a back housing is about 15 grand.

/ PTO and 3 PT #3  
What in the world am I looking at here? Looks like part of a planetary gear set with a bearing out in space.

/ PTO and 3 PT #4  
On my MF1540, there is a lever to put the pto in neutral (so it will spin freely). Not sure if the same is true for a Kubota, but might want to check for that.

/ PTO and 3 PT #5  
Explain what you meant by "disconnect". If you're referring to the missing lift links etc, that's one thing. If it's the hydraulics portion, that's another. If hydraulics are the issue, I'd be looking at how the loader was plumbed, and how that plumbing was changed. It's quite possible the hydraulic pump flow could be going straight to sump, bypassing the lift system entirely.

/ PTO and 3 PT #6  
On my MF1540, there is a lever to put the pto in neutral (so it will spin freely). Not sure if the same is true for a Kubota, but might want to check for that.
It's not. The only way to freely spin the stub shaft on a Kubota is to kill the motor and engage the pto, which releases the internal brake.

/ PTO and 3 PT #7  
What in the world am I looking at here? Looks like part of a planetary gear set with a bearing out in space.
Exactly what that is stick on the back. Old whipped out 3 pinion planetary from some long gone automatic transmission.

/ PTO and 3 PT #8  
I would question that setup in the back too..... never saw anything like that. Could it have been used as a coupler to drive another hydraulic pump... those types that have the hard rubber blocks between the 2 shafts?

Missing all of the 3 point hardware? Could it have been used to mount a BH?

/ PTO and 3 PT #9  
That rusty gear set on the pto might be a clue why the pto won't run. Did whatever gearbox was running blow up and they couldn't get the rest of it off the shaft? There might be a bunch of broken parts inside.........