PTO Extension

/ PTO Extension #2  
It should work fine if you're attempting to move the attachment point away from the tractor to make hookup easier. You may need to shorten your PTO shaft to account for the extension. Make sure the PTO shaft doesn't bottom out at any time.

/ PTO Extension #4  
The TSC adapter uses set screws to clamp it on the tractor shaft. The spring clip adapter from Agri-supply is what I have been looking for. I need to extend PTO on my tiller a few inches but the shaft on rotary cutter is fine. I can put it on the tiller and leave it as part of that shaft, not cut the cutter shaft down. Plus it is $7 cheaper.

Thanks for the link.

/ PTO Extension #5  
I'd get the Agri Supply unit if I had a choice.

/ PTO Extension #6  
Those agri-supply type can wobble a bit tho on a looser pto shaft; for long term use that can cause wear & rattle.

As well, making the tractor pto shaft longer will make sharper angles for the knickles to deal with on pto shafts.

And, it puts more stress on the pto bearings in your tractor. The leverage action of 4 extra inches - many pto shafts are just stub shafts with bearings pretty close.

All in all, if this is just for some minor convienience, I see it causing a lot more long term problems that a little minor time needed to get the pto hooked up as is?

--->Paul

/ PTO Extension
Thanks for all the help. The convenience would be good, but I don't want to cause more or early wear.

/ PTO Extension #8  
If you have a pull type PTO implement you do NOT want to use an extention. The U-Joints in the PTO shaft are engineered for a set distance from the drawbar hole to the end of the tractor PTO shaft. Think pull type brush cutter.

/ PTO Extension #9  
Hello rambler..........I use Pats Quick Hitch and it extended the implement distance some. What would you recommend.........Thank you