PTO lever and 4WD levers "stuck"

/ PTO lever and 4WD levers "stuck" #1  

Ace Ford

Tractor
Branson 2810
Howdy folks. My little ol' 2810 (which has been really good and tough) has a new issue. Both the PTO lever (shift from 540 to 1000) and the 4WD lever right beside it have become nearly impossible to move. My guess was "dust and rust" and I have liberally applied as much WD40 as I had on hand and I can barely move either with a ton of effort. Right now, I can get the PTO to engage in the down position (1000) but not in up position (540) and of course my brush hog doesn't like 1000. I'm open to suggestions. :)

Thanks in advance,

Ace

/ PTO lever and 4WD levers "stuck" #2  
If you think it's rust the first thing you should do is throw that WD40 away and get something that will work through that rust. Kerners is good as is PB Blaster but there are others too.

/ PTO lever and 4WD levers "stuck" #3  
I had the same issue on my Century 3035. I ended up taking the left fender off so that I could get into the actual PTO lever that goes into the case. I then tapped a block of wood with a hammer against the lever to engage the PTO in one direction, took the lever off and flipped it over so that I could do the same in the other direction. I did this several times until it started rotating freely. The Front Wheel Drive actuator is a little easier to get to and I did the same with it, except I did not need to flip the actuator lever over, just tap it the other direction. Yes, I do believe that it is rust.

/ PTO lever and 4WD levers "stuck" #4  
I use my 4WD quite often, but I usually disengage it when done, but I don't use my PTO often, so I went out yesterday and moved them in and out to ensure they moved. Thanks for the reminder