pto not working on deutz agrolux 70

/ pto not working on deutz agrolux 70 #1  

sheephound

Tractor
case 1690
does anyone know why the pto (540 540e 1000) does not work? I can put it in gear with the lever and it locks but will not spin.

/ pto not working on deutz agrolux 70 #2  
There should be the shift lever for the pto rpm and also a button to start / stop the pto. The lever shouldn't be shifted while the pto is running. There is also a ground speed pto lever that will make the pto only turn while tires are turning.

Any chance this is the beat up one that was for sale in NS?

/ pto not working on deutz agrolux 70
that makes sense,I was wondering how to start it.where would the button be?or maybe its missing ,it is the beat up unit that was for sale in halifax.it was not maintained at all but still works ok with exception of the pto.

/ pto not working on deutz agrolux 70 #4  
Did you beat him up on the 8500$ asking price? I was looking for a raking tractor and it looked good for that. It was at Blueline New Holland in Truro last year for a while.

I'm not 100% on where the start stop button is, I'm guessing the markings are all worn off everything. Usually on Deutz's of that age its a yellow button or switch. There may be a gear shape on the plastic with the colour worn off of it.

The last Deutz Fahr that age I was in the button was on the right hand side near the fender. The 540/750/1000 rpm pto shifter was next to it. It didn't have the ground speed option.

Yeah I thought 7000 would be fair considering the issues with tractor,but he would not sell it for less then 7500, saying thats what he had payed for it so I
gave in.
I found the switch and a red light blinks in it but no pto action. this tractor does not have the ground speed option, he must have been talking about the super low range in the ad.
there is some wires right on top of the pto that must measure pto rpm for the E speed. and then 3 wires on the side of the case between the axle and pto, and 2 little plugs that kinda look like temp probes, one of the wires has a E tag on it.
anyway I had to go and haul some wood so put a m5 winch on the bow and haul the pulp loader behind,but will have to fix the pto soon when the ground thaws.

/ pto not working on deutz agrolux 70 #6  
The magnetic pickup for the pto might be bad, it might need to be able to sense the pto speed for it to let it kick on, but given the shape who knows for sure. There is a good Deutz mechanic that travels around NS, he worked at the dealer.
His info:
Eric Thompson 1-902-673-3094, 1-902-758-3550 cell

I will give him a call
thanks for the help!