Pto safty shields

/ Pto safty shields #21  
scotty dive - thanks for posting the video - i could not keep my pto cover on my rear mowing deck in place. it kept sliding down. watching this had me realize i was missing the collar lock - need to get one now and fix this thing.

/ Pto safty shields
I went in to see about picking up or ordering a safety shield for my fransgard
winch to find that the shield to replace that one alone was over $100 from the dealer.
Then he said that most people just buy the universal pto shaft and cut it to size . The price on that was $ 109 brand new and he said it's just as good, just a diff. style of shield.
I've been looking on line about how to measure it to fit . I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vBFJcvs5SE
The old one looked to be cut a little to short to fit my tractor ,so I'll try this this weekend .
The price for safety shields is not cheap to replace , I can see why people sometimes don't want to spend the money on , or take the time to replace them . For a peace of mind, it's worth it .

/ Pto safty shields #23  
I just experienced the same thing. $70 for the shield vs $100 for new shaft which includes the shield. Go figure

/ Pto safty shields
I just experienced the same thing. $70 for the shield vs $100 for new shaft which includes the shield. Go figure
Ya, just found your thread in the FORUM: YANMAR looks like you got some good advice to where to look for pto's and shields ,good prices too. Good luck I see you ordered one hope it works out for ya!