PTO Shaft Extender Issue

/ PTO Shaft Extender Issue #21  
Wow my pops 73 Hardee Bushog PTO shaft is just a 1" square male shaft that slides into a female 1" shaft.i hear what you say the 6" overlap thing is prolly a good idea.the extender got here yesterday and when I got home from work last night I ran out to give it a try. Fit really good n tight on PTO tractor shaft.the reason for the quick hitch is that the pins on the bushog frame are for a full size tractor.My 3901 draw bars are 2 not as wide as the pins on the Bushog areal bear to hookup,hook 1 in use pry bar slide to 1 side get on tractor back up try to align other drawbar with pin 30 min frustration should have bought the L 4701 but would have had to bought all new 7 ft wide implements for L4701,may have to see about lengthening square shaft hate to try to turn chicken s$&t into chicken salad,or spend $$$ for new shaft will keep posting just spent 170.00 on graphic artist to recreate Hardee bushog Decals to restore this one,90.00 $ for new blades and bolts, thanks for all the input from all good luck on all your projects

/ PTO Shaft Extender Issue #22  
A put it all together and put 5 hours on it After 30 min bushog doing driveway. Bushog job was field
that hasn't been cut in 3 yrs ,1 1/2" to 2" stuff 10 ft tall . New blades and a little 90 wt oil to bring fluid level up and I am making mulch out of a 3 acre overgrown field just in time for Turkey season (March 20 opening day). No problems with PTO shaft wobble or vibration. Put first dent in hood pushing lg downed oak tree out of field. �� Appreciate all the input , think I will keep and use Adapter shaft,and that Northern Tool quick hitch is awesome ,hook and unhook bushog in no time,no more strained back,busted knuckles stressed out, cursing fits, just hook up and go!dent in hood is down low drivers side near mesh screen insert ,can't see it from seat,don't you hate it when that happens? Oh well little stupidity goes a long way. Really pleased the way it has all worked out. Good luck on all your projects

/ PTO Shaft Extender Issue #23  
Thanks Dave M7040, very useful information and very clear with diagram and explanation.