PTO Speed

/ PTO Speed #21  
The area where the problem is is most likley back in the transmission. You can't reach the end of the inner and outer shafts because it is buried in the clutch. If I recall correctly, there is a joint back in the rear housing under the 3PH/hydraulic resovoir case(again, major job to reach). If you look at the exploded parts views in the manual or on John's Jinma website, JM254Manual
I think you will see what I mean in the drive gear II and III pics.

/ PTO Speed #22  
My Kama 554 has 540 and 750 RPM PTO. most of the time I do not need full throttle power to mow with a 6' brush hog. I use the 750 PTO setting with the engine RPMs reduced to about 2/3 green line RPM. This works well in allowing me to run at reduced throttle while maintaining close to 540 on the PTO. If the tractor has the horsepower to achieve this there is nothing wrong with it because you are not exceeding the implement RPM limitations.
All this being said I don't think I would attempt this with a 1,000 RPM PTO.

/ PTO Speed #23  
psj12 said:
My Kama 554 has 540 and 750 RPM PTO. most of the time I do not need full throttle power to mow with a 6' brush hog. I use the 750 PTO setting with the engine RPMs reduced to about 2/3 green line RPM. This works well in allowing me to run at reduced throttle while maintaining close to 540 on the PTO. If the tractor has the horsepower to achieve this there is nothing wrong with it because you are not exceeding the implement RPM limitations.
All this being said I don't think I would attempt this with a 1,000 RPM PTO.
Parry,
That's exactly what I do with my 554 for light and medium grass cutting. It works great and no sweat on the tractor either.