PTO SPEED

/ PTO SPEED #1  

lakeside

Silver Member
Tractor
B26, G11000 generator and a G1800
I just bought a Pronovost 54" Puma snowblower which I'll run off a B26. Neither the Pronovost manual nor the B26 one gives a correct PTO or engine speed, The closest I found was "PTO speed # 1" whatever that is. Does anyone know what engine speed will give me safe blower operation, sort of a mid- range whch I could increase or decrease from depending on the snow conditions. :confused:

/ PTO SPEED #2  
Someone might back me up on this but I would say it would run at standard 540 RPM much like a bushhog or finnish mower....

/ PTO SPEED #3  
It is probably a 540 PTO rpm's unit, it is my understanding that 1000 rpm PTO shafts have a different splin.

/ PTO SPEED #4  
E/S is correct. The number of splines is different on 540/1000 RPM shafts. The 1000 RPM shaft has more. The difference is obvious. I am assuming that your B26 PTO is 540. If the snowblower shaft fits your tractor then it is 540 RPM. As far as how fast you should run the engine while operating the snowblower, my experience has been to run it at full PTO speed for best results. Good Luck.