PUSHIN SNOW FOR MONEY

/ PUSHIN SNOW FOR MONEY #11  
Gordon,

I've never seen a "gauge wheel" used with a rear blade, only skid shoes or use it in float position. What type of rear blade is this? Do you have a picture of the gauge wheel hooked up?

/ PUSHIN SNOW FOR MONEY
My rearblade is a Landpride series 35 blade thats 84" wide. It's the factory gauge wheel. I don't have a picture of it but if you go to http://www.landpride.com/lp/manuals/rb_manuals.html and click on series 35 owners manual it will download an Acrobat reader file. One page nine of the manual it shows the gauge wheel. I've also got the end plates and the skid shoes for the blade. But the gauge wheel is a very handy thing when grading. Like all Landpride add ons $$$ but you only have to buy it once. If I would have had more time I could have made up one but in the long run this was a time that it was better to buy it and be done with it. It has already paid for itself a couple of times over just in time saved.
Hope this helps
Gordon

/ PUSHIN SNOW FOR MONEY #13  
Gordon -

I checked out the Landpride manuals page. It's great!

Little by little more companies are publishing their manuals and other documentation on the web. It's cheaper for them than printing hardcopies, and it's becoming more and more convenient for the customers.

Considering what I had to go through to get a manual for my rotaty cutter (and I still don't have one for my box blade), I'd be tempted to go with Landpride for my next purchase, just for the convenience of getting an on-line manual. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ PUSHIN SNOW FOR MONEY #14  
I couldn't wait for the download (slow......), anyhow, I've seen the gauge wheel used with the rake and never seen one with a rear blade.

I use a 8' rear blade with skid shoes in both forward and reverse directions on a small shopping center parking lot. I put the 3 pt. hitch linkage in "float" position as well as the position control in "float" position. I think the blade is about 800 lbs and don't know how a gauge wheel would work between the weight and going backwards.

The Landpride units are extremely good quality implements.