Put My Chains on Yesterday - The Easy Way

/ Put My Chains on Yesterday - The Easy Way #21  
I've been running chains for 30 years with an abundance of rubber straps, never lost a chain and they are tight. Without the rubber straps the chains are loose and slap the heck out of the fenders.

/ Put My Chains on Yesterday - The Easy Way #22  
I run my Talons, OFA's and TRYGG's somewhat loose, I get the middle chains as snug as I can by hand and then using the cam locks tighten the inside and outside using the same link spacing and then I use no tensioner at all after a week or two If they seem excessively loose I may try to get a link on the inside and outsides keeping them even.
Once I quit using the 2 or 4 link space standard style chains I quit with the tensioners.

/ Put My Chains on Yesterday - The Easy Way #23  
I run my Talons, OFA's and TRYGG's somewhat loose, I get the middle chains as snug as I can by hand and then using the cam locks tighten the inside and outside using the same link spacing and then I use no tensioner at all after a week or two If they seem excessively loose I may try to get a link on the inside and outsides keeping them even.
Once I quit using the 2 or 4 link space standard style chains I quit with the tensioners.
The installation instructions for my OFA Eko 8 chains call for leaving slack in the chains They show easily fitting a fist in between the tire and the chains. As recommended by the manufacturer. I don't use any form of tensioner or bungies on those chains.

It took me a while to get used to not using tensioners, since I had always used them on my ladder and Duo-Grip chains. However, they have been working perfectly.

/ Put My Chains on Yesterday - The Easy Way #24  
Visited this thread today. Gotta put the chains on the Deere since pushing the built-up snow the last few days had me sliding too much. It's got the power, but not the traction...

I've not put 'em on in a year and a refresher course is always helpful. uTube rabbit hole bound.