putting a woodchipper on a BX 23

/ putting a woodchipper on a BX 23 #1  

graybeard451

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX 23
Has anyone put a woodchipper on a BX 23? Brand? Size? Many seem too big or require more than the BX's peak 16.7 hp. Does anyone have a gravity woodchipper, do they work? I have a small one powered by a air cooled motor that you have to stand over and force the branches thru. Do gravity units pull the branches thru or do you have to force the branches? Thanks

/ putting a woodchipper on a BX 23 #2  
Look at the Woods 5000 Chipper/Shredder or the comparable Bearcat model, 70554 I believe. It is top feed and really pulls in the brush. I used it briefly on a Kubota B6100 with 12hp at the PTO. That was before I got my L3130. Just had to feed carefully.

I don't think that you would have any problem using one on a BX23.

Vernon

/ putting a woodchipper on a BX 23 #3  
Mr Beard....
Look at the walenstein (sp?) bx series. I use and really like the BX 40 on my BX2200. I run it at 560 rpm (pto speed) and do not see any reduction in rpms even when chipping 3.5 inch trees.
The unit is very heavy and built like a tank...it is gravity feed and has a chute for directing the chip discharge. There are cheaper chippers out there but I guess you get what you pay for.

/ putting a woodchipper on a BX 23 #4  
I just bought the Bear Cat.. looked at the Woods and the dealer himself told me that the Woods is made by Bear Cat.. same machine.. different paint.. and a higher price.. I saved about 500 and the bear cat paint better matches my Kubota.

ps.. I have the L3130.. so I'm not sure how well it will operate with your BX.. but the manual does say it will work with your PTO HP! Handles up to 5" diameter.

/ putting a woodchipper on a BX 23 #5  
GOT A SALSCO FOR MY 23 IT IS OWESOME ,CLICK ON MY NAME AND FIND MY POST ON IT
ESCAVADER