Quary

/ Quary #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
My SO is doing some landascaping and flower beds and I talked her to using rocks for. Every Saturday I go to the quary, handload a trailer and bring it home. Here are some pictures of the little jeep that could:)

Attachments

• DSCN2688.jpg
    DSCN2688.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCN2685.jpg
    DSCN2685.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN2686.jpg
    DSCN2686.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCN2687.jpg
    DSCN2687.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 287
   / Quary #2  
Prokop,

Do you just go and take those rocks? Free?

Sure would be nice to have a source of rocks. All I have is clay.

Eddie

/ Quary
EddieWalker said:
Prokop,

Do you just go and take those rocks? Free?

Sure would be nice to have a source of rocks. All I have is clay.

Eddie

That would be nice :D but no. The Vulcan Materials - Social Responsibility quary charges me $30 for a full trailer - gravel, rock, sand, pee gravel is all the same price. It used to be 20, 22, 26 and since 1/1/07 it is 30. Dump trailers and trucks go by the scale, pickups and small trailers are all $30 a load.
They load me up free for anything but rocks, the reason is the trailer is too small to handle a dump of rocks:)

/ Quary #4  
czechsonofagun said:
That would be nice :D but no. The Vulcan Materials - Social Responsibility quary charges me $30 for a full trailer - gravel, rock, sand, pee gravel is all the same price. It used to be 20, 22, 26 and since 1/1/07 it is 30. Dump trailers and trucks go by the scale, pickups and small trailers are all $30 a load.
They load me up free for anything but rocks, the reason is the trailer is too small to handle a dump of rocks:)
I piled up a bunch of busted up broken concreate down at the end of my drive way & stuck a free sign by it.
The Guy who came and hauled it off in his full size pick up got a good deal didn't he? There was exactly one full load.

/ Quary
LBrown59 said:
I piled up a bunch of busted up broken concreate down at the end of my drive way & stuck a free sign by it.
The Guy who came and hauled it off in his full size pick up got a good deal didn't he? There was exactly one full load.

Sure he did :D

They were widening road by the Dulles airport few years back and this huge machine was used to crash concrete for the underlayment. It was very impressive to see it working.

/ Quary #6  
lb59 said:
Originally Posted by LBrown59

czechsonofagun said:
Sure he did :D

They were widening road by the Dulles airport few years back and this huge machine was used to crash concrete for the underlayment. It was very impressive to see it working.

I got a good deal out of it too.
I needed to get rid of it and it would have cost me $36 per ton to dump it at the land fill.