Question about breakout force

/ Question about breakout force #1  

kcook

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Lawn Tractor
I see loader have a breakout force listed in pounds. WHat is it? Is it important? Why do some tractors have smaller Loader number (at the pin) but larger breakout force?

THanks

KC

/ Question about breakout force #2  
Stick the edge of the bucket under something heavy and curl the bucket upward. That's "Breakout Force". Usually much greater than the lift capacity. It's considered to be the force available to "breakout" of the ground when digging.

/ Question about breakout force #3  
BXpanded is right on about the breakout force. The force is determined by the pulling force on the bucket by the cylinder, while the bottom of the bucket is on the ground. There is some geometry involved as to where the cyl connects to the bucket, and the height, and length of the bucket, and assuming that the bucket can take that force before bending.

/ Question about breakout force #4  
If I may add to this thread with a question.......... Where on the 3 point hitch exactly are specs referring to lift capacity at pivot and say 24 inches past pins or pivot point?

/ Question about breakout force #5  
My Kubota can lift 450 lbs at the pivot point. Right out of the book.

/ Question about breakout force #6  
In my owners manual the lifting force is measured at the pins. On mine it's somewhere around 3000# (it's been awhile since I looked it up). As far as 24in past the pivot unless your manual specifies it you might have to do some math.

Good luck.

/ Question about breakout force
THanks for the help!!

KC