Question Regarding MMM and three point hitch

/ Question Regarding MMM and three point hitch #1  

pjwbx2230

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota bx2230
Sorry about all the questions but am a first time owner of a "real" tractor. Bought my bx last season and mowed once. Afterwards, rear blade was mounted. Removed MMM myself and reinstalled it tonight (thanks for the advice earlier this week- gave me some reassurance). Took mower out and dropped MMM to cut a swath and make sure everything was copacetic. Got to the edge of the driveway, dropped the mower, and engaged the PTO. Started to pull forward and heard a familiar scraping sound. When I dropped the mower the three point hitch also dropped. Not a big deal as I am removing the rear blade and mounting the rear bagger this weekend, but is there a means to disengage the three point and drop only the mower? Thanks for the help and sorry about all the questions, but you guys are always helpful. (BTW, expect some panic stricken posts this weekend while mounting the rear bagger).

/ Question Regarding MMM and three point hitch #2  
The mower uses the 3pt linkage to raise/lower. When you lower the deck it will stop when it hits the stop (adjusted by that knob under the front of the seat). You can stop the 3ph there and may leave enough rise to clear your blade.

Russell "all WOT all the time"

/ Question Regarding MMM and three point hitch
Guess the message is: take the blade off when mowing and vice versa. No biggie- just thought there might be a lazy way out. Got the deck on faster than I got it off- was petrified to pull the rear linkage pins when removing the deck as I have had a tendency to break thinks by exerting too much force. Guess when you buy more industrial grade tools and machines, they are not as prone to breakage.

/ Question Regarding MMM and three point hitch #4  
In a word, No. The MMM's lift actually works off of the 3PH.

The right side MMM lift arm is connected via linkages and adjusting nut's & springs to the upper right side 3PH arm. The springs & nuts on the linkage are there to adjust the lift lever to where it will self center when the 3PH reaches max up or down positions.
When you move the lift lever up or down, you are controlling the 3PH which is mechanically linked to the MMM lift arms.

Theres is a setting on your depth gaage to keep the MMM lift arms in the TOP position when the MMM is dismounted but there is no way to disable the 3PH to just raise/lower the MMM.

Just about all tractors are designed this way.
Volfandt

/ Question Regarding MMM and three point hitch
Thanks, Volfandt. Sorry about the novice question. I get the message- no lazy way out and do the right thing. Gettiong better at installing and removing implements. Who knows? Maybe I'll try ourt for a NASCAR pit crew before it's all over. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Then again, maybe not- unless the driver had a strong deswire to end up in the wall, or trailing black smoke, etc.

/ Question Regarding MMM and three point hitch #6  
The BX has two brackets to mount your 3PH arms to that will stop them from lowering. Raise your 3PH and look to the left and right of the top connection. You will see on either side there are brackets to pin up the 2 lower arms. Just remove the left and right pins one at a time and re-pin them to the brackets. If you have a heavy attachment on at the time you will need to put something under it to help hold it up as you move each arm. Ususally I remove the attachment and leave the 3PH attached and pin it up.