Question-Winterizing BX2750B blower

/ Question-Winterizing BX2750B blower #1  

astor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx2230
Hey Guys,
I am putting up the front mount blower for the season. I was checking the reduction box on the auger to see how the level of 80-90w was. I took off the small nut on the top (has a little release valve on top) and look in with a flashlight and could not see the top level of the oil. I can see the worm gear top but I could not tell the oil level. My question is, how full do you fill the reduction box and can you put too much oil in?? I read the manual but it just says to check it. I don't even know if I was looking at the right nut to take off, but it seemed like the only place to do this. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone that can also tell me how much grease to put to the auger nipple, that would help also. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks,

/ Question-Winterizing BX2750B blower
Well,

With Junkman on vacation and Henro not among the Bx front mount club, after 91 views no answers, I stooped to calling the dealer to ask my question. I know, why did I not just do this in the first place?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif (Guess you would have to know my local dealership /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif But anyway, in case this has been a question for anyone else.....there is a small hex bolt on the front of the reduction box right in the center. The 80-90w oil is suppose to be at this hole level in the box. So you supposedly just take out this hex bolt and fill the oil through the top opening until it comes out this small center hole.

Just in case any other Bx owners wondered.

Steve

/ Question-Winterizing BX2750B blower #3  
Good Evening:
Hope we wont need our blowers until next winter.

For the past few years I have summerized my blower by ensuring the hydro fluid in the reduction box is up to the level indicated by taking out the index fitting (or whatever it is called). I grease the auger shafts until grease comes out the ends. Liberally apply bar oil to the chain. Grease the universal joints for both shafts. Spray wd 40 over all of the exposed surfaces to prevent rust. Also spray the chute rotation worm gear with wd 40 as well.

So far, know wood, the blower will run this winter coming!
Good luck

/ Question-Winterizing BX2750B blower #4  
Thank you for checking into this so the BX2750 owners know whats what.

And yes, hopefully we won't need the snowblowers until much much later this year!

/ Question-Winterizing BX2750B blower #5  
This was my first winter with the BX. But I noticed the chain is a regular motorcycle o-ring chain. I use motorcycle final drive chain lube. It sprays on like WD 40 flowing into all the little joints but hardens to a grease once it hits open air. It will not fling off like bar and chain oil which is designed to fling off, flushing the wood chips out of the chain. Time will tell if this is the correct tact.