Questions about 5740c

/ Questions about 5740c #1  

rcfarmlowline

I just purchased a 2005 5740c and have some questions. I have asked my dealer but have not gotten correct information. There are five vents in the roof of the cab but only the front three, near the windshield, are blowing. I asked my dealer and he thought there was a fresh air button to push to get the other two, near my head, to push fresh air. Have not found any such button. Any idea as to why those two are not blowing. Also I am finding it hard to shift out of 4wd. It shifts into very easy but when I try to shift out I feel like I am going to break something. My dealer stated to have the tractor rolling but that does not seem to help. I have tried different combinations of things in gear or in nutral. Clutch in and out... Any ideas? One last thing is there a way to test the draft? I was using the 3pt with a heavy double blade road grater and I was not sure if it was working. When I asked my dealer he said that it would not work for that application it is more for just plowing. Well the gravel I was moving was just like plowing. I realy like the tractor it only had 168 hrs on it when it was delivered and now it has 175 and that was only two days. Any help would be great.

/ Questions about 5740c #2  
rcfarmlowline said:
I just purchased a 2005 5740c and have some questions. I have asked my dealer but have not gotten correct information. There are five vents in the roof of the cab but only the front three, near the windshield, are blowing. I asked my dealer and he thought there was a fresh air button to push to get the other two, near my head, to push fresh air. Have not found any such button. Any idea as to why those two are not blowing. Also I am finding it hard to shift out of 4wd. It shifts into very easy but when I try to shift out I feel like I am going to break something. My dealer stated to have the tractor rolling but that does not seem to help. I have tried different combinations of things in gear or in nutral. Clutch in and out... Any ideas? One last thing is there a way to test the draft? I was using the 3pt with a heavy double blade road grater and I was not sure if it was working. When I asked my dealer he said that it would not work for that application it is more for just plowing. Well the gravel I was moving was just like plowing. I realy like the tractor it only had 168 hrs on it when it was delivered and now it has 175 and that was only two days. Any help would be great.

The two vents that aren't blowing are for intake air. If you shut them, the air for the heater and AC will come from the outside through the cab vent filters, if you open them, the air will recirculate within the cab. This will help it warm up and cool down faster.

Ken

/ Questions about 5740c
Thank you for the info. I thought that might be what they were far but since the dealer said that they should be blowing I was then confused. Any help with the other issues?

/ Questions about 5740c #4  
Sorry about that! Things got busy and I didn't have time to get back to it. I would look at the owners manual when you get time because it should be of some help with the draft control. I know it is not the best translation, but it should cover what you need. The draft control on these tractors works very well and has a good range of adjustment so you should be able to set it up for your needs.

As far as taking it out of 4wd, I would start by determining if it is a problem of the gears being loaded tight or a problem in the linkage and go from there.

Ken

/ Questions about 5740c #5  
use your loader to lift your front tires off the ground. should slip right out of 4wd. Ron

/ Questions about 5740c #6  
rcfarmlowline said:

The 4 wheel drive in my 2005 5740C acted the same way for about the first 100 hrs. It was easy to get into 4 wheel drive, but a pain in the rump to get out of 4wd, most of the time. It works fine and is very easy now to get into, and out of, 4wd. I just figured it was new and real tight at first.

/ Questions about 5740c #7  
Sorry if this has already been covered but to use draft I believe you need to enable the draft control on back of the tractor by the third arm, on mine it is a small tab that easily rotates one way it is fixed no draft, and when flipped it removes the block for the draft sensor.

Good luck with your 5740