Quick-attach hydraulic plows - Artillian or Land Pride?

/ Quick-attach hydraulic plows - Artillian or Land Pride? #1  

JerkyChew

Tractor
shopping
I have a Kubota L3560 with a 3rd function valve installed and need to plow my ~900 foot driveway. I've already purchased the Artillian system with forks and grapple, so I was looking at their 72" plow option. When I bought my tractor the dealer priced out a Land Pride STB1584 plow and hydraulics at $4000 and I didn't move on it at that time. The more I think about it, the more I think a 72" would be a better fit - I have not gotten a price on the STB72 yet. I was wondering if anybody had experience with both systems and had any opinions? I've searched the forum but haven't found the answers I'm looking for - Sorry if this has already been covered.

Artillian's site doesn't seem to list the price for the 72" but I found it on a dealer site for $2700, which does seem a little pricey since I've already purchased the pallet frame etc, but who knows. I've emailed them for more information. It's worth mentioning that I live very close Artillian's HQ so I may be able to save on shipping costs.

Thanks!

/ Quick-attach hydraulic plows - Artillian or Land Pride? #2  
Not what you're asking about, but many of us adapted truck plows to use on tractors. If you can do the work yourself it'll be pretty inexpensive.

/ Quick-attach hydraulic plows - Artillian or Land Pride? #3  
Not what you're asking about, but many of us adapted truck plows to use on tractors. If you can do the work yourself it'll be pretty inexpensive.
Thats what I did.
Found a used 9' Western truck plow and adapted it to my tractor.
I'd estimate I have around $500 in it total.

/ Quick-attach hydraulic plows - Artillian or Land Pride? #4  
I would go with a 84'' plow. I have a similar tractor (L3240) and I bought a used 6'6'' truck plow and added 10'' to one side. You need the width when you angle it.
I've never had a problem pushing it.

Jeff

/ Quick-attach hydraulic plows - Artillian or Land Pride? #5  
Homemade plow . Paid $500 . Works good so far . My driveway is 1800 feet long and the going rate for someone to do it was about $125 per time . Last year it basically paid for its self . I need to throw some paint on it and I replaced the chain that goes from the plow to the quick attach plate.

Attachments

• IMG_4931.jpeg
    IMG_4931.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4924.jpeg
    IMG_4924.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 82
   / Quick-attach hydraulic plows - Artillian or Land Pride?
Thanks - I don't really have the skills or know-how to adapt a truck plow so I'm looking for a dumb homeowner option.

@71bronco - Thanks for the note about the width. Angling is something I should keep in mind that I hadn't thought of.

/ Quick-attach hydraulic plows - Artillian or Land Pride? #7  
I converted a 8’ Fisher to fit my old NH4835 at work. It was great for scraping the pavement bare with some down pressure but useless for snow due to lack of speed.
It also worked well for winging back the snowbanks.