3-Point Hitch Quick Hitch Trouble

/ Quick Hitch Trouble #1  

GoldenAcres

Tractor
Bobcat CT2040
I just picked up a Bobcat ballast box for my CT2040. When I got it home and went to hook it up, the top hook barely made contact with the top bracket.

I tried adjusting the top link some, and fiddled with it for a while, but it produced the same result time and time again.

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

IMG_2715.JPG

IMG_2716.JPG

/ Quick Hitch Trouble #2  
Looks like the top hook needs to be moved up...

/ Quick Hitch Trouble
Looks like the top hook needs to be moved up...

I thought that, too, but it’s set for my bush hog (also Bobcat brand). Surely I wouldn’t need to adjust the top hook depending on the implement, right? Especially if they are same brand?

/ Quick Hitch Trouble #4  
I don't think bobcat makes them, So different measurements from the manufactures..

/ Quick Hitch Trouble #7  
Looks like your QH is setup for Cat-1 and your box is Cat-2. Your other implements are most likely Cat-1 also if they fit that QH. You should buy or make all your attachments fit the QH. That's what it's for--That's why it's called a quick hitch. ;)

I went through the process of "fixing" my attachments when I got my QH. It started with my rotary mower. It was Cat-2 so that's what I set the top hook to and life was good. I picked up a flail mower at an auction and it was setup for Cat-1. It was an easy fix for that since all I had to do was move the top pin to the upper holes. (The holes were already there.) My plow was already Cat-2 and the disks use a draw bar. Oh yeah, I had to drill new holes in my trailer ball hitch since I built it before I got the QH. I'm looking at tillers now. If I get one, it will be a Cat-2 or be "convertible". Most new equipment now days is. :thumbsup:

/ Quick Hitch Trouble
Thanks, all. I was naive thinking it would all work "out of the box."

My rotary mower is tricky to get on / off. Really need to tilt the top link back. Kind of makes me wish I went for the hydraulic arms...but, hey, still faster than not having the quick hitch. I have a set of Cat 1 bushings on the way (everyone around here is out of them, it seems). I'm also going to try that broader hook that Peter 315 suggested. I need to do a mod anyway; adding a hook to it to hold the PTO shaft up when not in use. I guess I have a lot of "fixing" to do before I even get started!

Thanks agin, all.