Backhoe Quickest Backhoe Drop

/ Quickest Backhoe Drop #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
Having had a New Holland TN75D with a Woods 1050 that took about an hour to drop and a tuff half day to remount when I downsized dropping & mounting the backhoe was super important to me

This is my 6th backhoe so I’m not new at it

With no manual & no tools I was able to drive away from the BH92 on my Kubota MX5200 the first time I dropped it start to finish in under 3 minutes!

Mounting looks like it may take 10

Very pleased. Excellent Enginering

Andy

IMG_1301.JPGIMG_1307.JPGIMG_1304.JPGIMG_1307.JPGIMG_1312.JPG

/ Quickest Backhoe Drop #3  
The Kubota system is pretty darn good. I can get our little BX hoe off in no time - guessing well under 5 minutes. On a real lucky day no more than 4 or 5 minutes to reinstall. A big help reinstalling is a flat concrete floor, that makes it a lot easier. Our one old bldg floor is not flat and can add some time to the reinstall.

/ Quickest Backhoe Drop #4  
Nice work. That is quicker than I can on either of my Kubotas but not by a whole lot. I see you dropped on soil, I like to drop on concrete.... or I should say I like to reattach on concrete.

/ Quickest Backhoe Drop #5  
Nice work. That is quicker than I can on either of my Kubotas but not by a whole lot. I see you dropped on soil, I like to drop on concrete.... or I should say I like to reattach on concrete.

It’s definitely easier that way. If that’s not possible you should fully retreat all the cylinders possible and cover the rest with grease for prolonged storage. My backhoe saw frequent use and I never bothered, but the previous owner left it in a field it’s whole life with the stabilizers down and those rods rusted.

/ Quickest Backhoe Drop #6  
Between 10 and 15 minutes is what it takes me to mount the BH92 on my MX5800. Five minutes or less to drop it.
A concrete surface helps but a backhoe dolly is even better. It eliminates the tight side to side maneuvering necessary to line up the brackets.
I also installed longer hydraulic hoses to allow a little more room to work.

/ Quickest Backhoe Drop #7  
I can drop the hoe on my JD110 in about 5 minutes and remount in about 10 but I've never rushed... system seems very similar to Kubota's, great solid frame mounting.

/ Quickest Backhoe Drop #8  
I can drop the hoe on my JD110 in about 5 minutes and remount in about 10 but I've never rushed... system seems very similar to Kubota's, great solid frame mounting.

That is pretty good. Personally I do not rush mounting/dismounting on either of my Kubota backhoes. I think doing so would be a dismembering opportunity. I like all my fingers and limbs. :thumbsup:

/ Quickest Backhoe Drop #9  
I totally misread the intent of the title.

Fastest I've dropped my hoe was when I was (of course) on the far side of the farm. Backed up and a long strong tree branch got rolled over. When I rolled over it, it bent up at an angle and speared my backhoe lines.

My hoe fell down to the ground, in place, like someone taking a bullet to the head. I was initially 100% baffled on why it simply plopped to the ground.

I pulled on the lever to raise the hoe back up and an unbelievable geyser absolutely BLEW out the back of the machine.

Yikes!! let go of the lever and investigated the situation.

Turned machine off....started trudging home.