R1 Tires

/ R1 Tires #31  
When I got my tractor it came with R4's ,which I asked for R1's to be put on . The dealer told me I had to change rim size to do this and asked me why I didn't want the R4's . I told him I've never used them before ,just on skid steers . I told him I was going to be using it for mowing blueberries and some in the woods hauling out wood. He said the R4's would not make ruts in the field as much as the R1's when it's soft , and with chains on the rear I would have no problems in the woods or pushing snow ,which so far I'm pleased with them. I'm thinking the wide tread helps in spreading out the weight of the tractor more, getting more surface to grab onto , maybe? Maybe not?

/ R1 Tires #32  
First one said:
When I got my tractor it came with R4's ,which I asked for R1's to be put on . The dealer told me I had to change rim size to do this and asked me why I didn't want the R4's . I told him I've never used them before ,just on skid steers . I told him I was going to be using it for mowing blueberries and some in the woods hauling out wood. He said the R4's would not make ruts in the field as much as the R1's when it's soft , and with chains on the rear I would have no problems in the woods or pushing snow ,which so far I'm pleased with them. I'm thinking the wide tread helps in spreading out the weight of the tractor more, getting more surface to grab onto , maybe? Maybe not?

You are totally right. That is called flotation efect

/ R1 Tires #33  
I went with R1's on my tractor and they are a bit narrower than the R4's. We have lots of clay soil so when its wet it will rut with almost any vehicle. But going down 20-40% slopes on wet grass I'm glad to have the R1's. Atleast when they are this new and sharp, they cut hard into the the turf when climbing or descending like that, but I'd rather have that than go for a ride anyday!
If we had a level lot though I would've gone for the R4's just for a bit more flotation and tire life.