Raising three point hitch jumpy

/ Raising three point hitch jumpy
I told him to compare it to another tractor. It was smooth...ok, not smooth but not like it is when I first started using it. Now I feel like it's going to knock me out of my seat. The sales office has been fine. They did get back to me on the purchase without a problem. They seem to want to do things right but the service dept seems incompetant...

/ Raising three point hitch jumpy #12  
I have an L3400 with 5 hours on it.
Right from the get go the 3 pt jumped and jerked the tractor vigorously.
I was wondering about that at first.
Then, I found out I had to pull on the lever smoothly and slowly to prevent that (not just push it to the depth I wanted outright.)
With that seems to work fine.

/ Raising three point hitch jumpy #13  
Don't know if this applies to you. My John Deere 2010 has a lever that controls the holding depth of the 3ph. When this lever is not set in the right spot, depending on the attachment I am using, my 3ph will jump up and down until I adjust the depth lever. This is especially true when I am using my Brushhog. In one position the attachment will float with the surface of the ground and the 3ph will move up and down, in the other it will hold a set position quite accurately.
In my opinion, a 3ph that jumps and jerks is not good for the hydraulics and is possibly unsafe.