Mowing Ransomes Bobcat 61 In zero turn

/ Ransomes Bobcat 61 In zero turn #1  

jdeilus

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT 125 (still waiting for delivery)
I am thinking about buying a used Ransomes Bobcat 61 in Zero turn mower. the problem is I don't know the model. All I know is its a Ransomes Bobcat 61 In with a 23 HP Kohler engine. It seen pretty old but I dont see an data on it. I noticed a lot of the Ransomes Bobcats have a Kawasaki Engine, so this one with a Kohler should be easy to identify. Is there anyone that knows about what year they were manufactured? and are they worth the $1100 to purchase it.

/ Ransomes Bobcat 61 In zero turn #2  
The brand has been around for years and they use both engines . I would be more concerned with if it was used commercially or by a homeowner and with the number of hours on the machine. If it was properly maintained they are usually trouble free for at least 1000 hours and can be used over 3000 hours by replacing worn parts as needed . You should be able to find close to the year model by the serial # on the mower frame :the engine will have a separate serial #.

/ Ransomes Bobcat 61 In zero turn
I found the Model number (942202) which dates it back to 1997. Hour meter had 427 but I think it was disconnected. The person that is offering it up bought it some years ago without the engine. Supposedly it was stolen. He put a used 23HP Kohler in it. I test drove it and seemed to have no problems. I don't see any leaks, but when I move the laterals in, the machine wants to move before I push them forward. The guy lives down the road from me, so I will see if I can keep it for a few weeks then offer the money or give it back.