Oil & Fuel Raptor Brand (3d party) Filters on Amazon

/ Raptor Brand (3d party) Filters on Amazon #1  

glenintenn

Tractor
Kubota L4600H
Tried to find some information about the specification and/or quality of Raptor Brand filters on Amazon ( here ) ... Amazon says they're sold by Russo Power Equipment. Called a Russo Power Equipment in Illinois ( here )and the Parts department confirmed they do sell Raptor filters and consumables but the parts person could find no cross reference on Kubota filters and Raptor filters.

Then the parts person sent me over to their "internet sales" person but I hung up. I'd heard enough. Maybe someone here has used these Raptor filters but for all one could tell from the innernayut these could be coke cans with a threaded connector and nothing more. My take: hard pass (barring any real world/good experience from forum members here?)

61E2EldgyaL._AC_SX466_.jpg

51rIzFYRfFL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
   / Raptor Brand (3d party) Filters on Amazon
p.s. I asked an ebay distributor about what quality checks they applied to re-selling the Raptor branded products. Response is no surprise but a big red flag regarding 3rd party filter components:

Thank you for your inquiry. <ebay seller> is strictly a distribution company. All of the information that we have on the item is provided in the listing and images. Please make sure all specs and numbers match before placing your order.

If you would like to search our eBay catalog for parts that fit your machine please search by your model number using the link provided below.

Translation: if Raptor (or another 3rd party) changes the guts of a filter to glass filings and cane sugar, it's all on you, the purchaser.

/ Raptor Brand (3d party) Filters on Amazon #3  
I got burned once using an aftermarket hydraulic filter (not Raptor) on my ZD zero turn. Fortunately, the machine simply would not move after replacing the fluid and using the inexpensive filter. Swapped the filter out with an OEM filter and it worked fine.