Re-connecting a Quick Disconnet Coupler

/ Re-connecting a Quick Disconnet Coupler #1  

JackinVT

Tractor
Kubota
Hello! So the quick disconnect coupler for my auxiliary hydraulic thumb became disconnected while moving an old log. I am unable to reconnect it. I went through the motions to relieve the pressure on the excavator (334). However the thumb cylinder is completely extended, the return side is the one that became disconnected. So do I need to remove the pressure on the cylinder now in order to get it reconnected?

TIA
JackinVT

/ Re-connecting a Quick Disconnet Coupler
Well I removed the coupler connector on the thumb side, no pressure or fluid?????

/ Re-connecting a Quick Disconnet Coupler #3  
usually doing the relive pressure on the ex and loosen both hoses on the coupler on the thumb and should be good

/ Re-connecting a Quick Disconnet Coupler
usually doing the relive pressure on the ex and loosen both hoses on the coupler on the thumb and should be good

Well I had other things to do so I just let it sit for a couple of days. Then when I attempted to reconnect it went right on with little effort. I believe there was still pressure in the lines initially that reduced over time just sitting. I may not have activated the ex when I initially attempted to relieve the pressure. Live and learn.