Dealer Really a Century/Branson dealer?

/ Really a Century/Branson dealer? #21  
As you have 100 acres to deal with you should be looking at a fairly large tractor. I would think something in the 50+hp range if you are working any of that land. And if you are haying, probably something in the 65 to 75hp range, but since your profile says you don't want to do hay work, then you'd be able to get buy in the 50hp range. You might want to be a bit more specific in the tasks you are looking to accomplish. Are you logging in those 70 acres of woods or are you just building and maintaining paths? And for that matter, I would strongly suggest you come up with a list of thing you want a tractor to do, then I would wipe the slate clean on any and all brands and go over to the Buying/Pricing/Comparison Forum and post over there. Simply say how many acres you plan to work, what you plan to do, and what your basic requirements might be. Then let the guys who know about that size stuff step in and give you some advice on what to look for in terms of features and brands there are that will do the jobs for you reliably, quickly and safely.

/ Really a Century/Branson dealer?
I had cast a wide net in my intentions as; I am novice, wanted to pad the benefits vs cost, and don't yet live on the farm and am unsure. I am putting any buying on hold for a year or so due to financial priorities.
In reality that old Farmall 140 (anyone know how many HP?) has satisifed my parents need for cutting fields, firewood, road maintenance ect... for forty years and can likely do those minimum duties a couple more.
I have gotten some sticker shock in the past few weeks, consider that Farmall has worked hard and has a thousand welds and dings. I look at it stiill working and then see many $$$ for a new one with plastic parts, bells and whistles ect...

/ Really a Century/Branson dealer? #23  
good point Mr. rogdan
Even us dealers suffer from sticker shock.
Sounds to me like you will make the correct decission for your needs, as opposed to your wants. virgil